Roasted Turkey Cooking Times. Free Online Cooking Pizza Games. Joys Of Cooking
Roasted Turkey Cooking Times
- Fish is naturally tender, requiring short cooking times at high temperatures. Allow 10 minutes per inch of thickness (at the thickest part) for fresh fish, 20 minutes per inch for frozen fish.
- roast: (meat) cooked by dry heat in an oven
- (roast) knock: negative criticism
- Cook (food, esp. meat) by prolonged exposure to heat in an oven or over a fire
- Process (a foodstuff, metal ore, etc.) by subjecting it to intense heat
- (roast) a piece of meat roasted or for roasting and of a size for slicing into more than one portion
- (of food) Be cooked in such a way
- The flesh of the turkey as food
- a Eurasian republic in Asia Minor and the Balkans; on the collapse of the Ottoman Empire in 1918, the Young Turks, led by Kemal Ataturk, established a republic in 1923
- A large mainly domesticated game bird native to North America, having a bald head and (in the male) red wattles. It is prized as food, esp. on festive occasions such as Thanksgiving and Christmas
- joker: a person who does something thoughtless or annoying; "some joker is blocking the driveway"
- Something that is extremely or completely unsuccessful, esp. a play or movie
- large gallinaceous bird with fan-shaped tail; widely domesticated for food
Marzipan, sunflower seeds, cheddar cheese, tortilla, almond, turkey
, mozzarella, greens, semolina letters, McVittie's Digestive biscuit, salted almonds, and a partridge in a pear tree.
This is my first charaben.
I made the mouse's body out of marzipan (almond and sugar paste) that I dyed with some
raspberries I boiled to extract the juice. His paws and tail are made from cheddar cheese; his paws have white sesame seed toes. I made his whiskers out of six strands of saffron (which makes the whole box so fragrant), his teeth out of white sesame seeds, his nose out of a sunflower seed, his eyes from black sesame seeds, and his ears from dried goji berries stuffed with white sesame seeds.
The mouse sits on top of a piece of McVittie's Digestive, which in turn sits on a bed of sunflower seeds in a silicone muffin cup. I used dry semolina pasta letters to make the "squeak" word bubble - I just embedded the letters into a piece of cheddar. I used a tiny cookie cutter to make the cheddar flowers. The little wrapped items at right are little bites of a turkey
stroller (a wrap made of oven-roasted
turkey, fresh mozzarella, and horseradish mustard), stuffed with the flowers, and topped with a salted, dry-roasted
almond (to balance the sweetness of the almond paste mouse). The spring mix salad sits behind the wrap ends, and the whole right side of the bento is separated from the second layer by a few carrot sticks. The second layer is two rolled-up turkey stroller pieces.
The scene is supposed to be that the mouse got into the bento box, ate one of the cheese flowers, nommed the cookie, had a few seeds, left cheese rinds around him, and had a great time.
We got a petite Diestal Turkey from New Seasons and brined it in a maple salt brine. Then we rubbed it with a herb butter rub, stuffed it with lemons , fresh herbs, and apples.
Halfway through roasting we added carrots and potatoes, which roasted
in the juices of the turkey.
We read about 4 recipes
on how to brine and roast a turkey, and then picked bits and pieces from all 4 recipes
. We had so much fun cooking
this together! We were smiling and giggling the whole time and having a little champagne, which is how I think the holidays should be.
Related topics: kitchen cooking timer cooking french food cooking unit converter play online cooking academy 2 world cuisine lets get cooking temperature cooking turkey thai cooking school phuket cooking light subscription customer service